Playfulness of life - Published in Elephant Journal (The quote I live my life by)

One just needs a little alertness to see and find out: Life is really a great cosmic laughter – Osho

The above quote sums up our existence. The fact that we are transient and only here for a limited time brings an incredible lightness to our being. I love this quote. I live this quote. It is the first thing that I choose to put into my mind when I wake up! Although I am fully aware of my mortality, I can feel the incredible energy that I am – that we all are. It is wonderful! Yet sometimes I wonder – am I the only one?

I am often accused of taking life not seriously enough. Nothing could be further from the truth. Precisely because my time here is limited, I am taking the quality of my existence very seriously. I want to experience this life so totally and I want to be so complete that when death comes - I’m done. This does not mean I need a lot of money or stuff. This means I am going to celebrate each breath I take and vibrate in tune with all life around me. I want to be playful and spontaneous. And I want to do it all right now. Is this not what our existence is all about? How can it not be? It is only for a short while.

I don’t want to waste my time worrying about the future because I do not have a future here. There is no safety in money or stuff. There is no safety full stop. No matter how hard we work, plan or prepare at the end of it all we are going to have to let it go. It is as simple as that. Most of us live in denial. We do not want to know this. The treadmill of our conditioning has filled us with fear and anxiety. We fear dying, the unknown, uncertainty and what other people may think of us. To work all day to pay our bills and get stuff has become our life, our reality. But being able to buy a Porsche will not set us free - not needing to buy a Porsche will. It is time for us to wake up and realize this.

“Well, that’s easy for you to say”. This is what I hear a lot but why is it easy for me? The truth is that I am just like you. I am neither rich nor famous. I am of no importance. I have my shit going on. In fact, my life is falling apart just as I am writing this. To suffer is the nature of this world. Every creature suffers at some point in its existence. It is what gives us depth. Suffering comes and goes. I accept it but I do not make it the center of my existence. I do not identify with it. Our life never consists of suffering alone.

There is beauty and joy everywhere and always. We are practically surrounded by it. We are it. We are adorable creatures capable of so much love and beauty. Every one of us is precious and complete. Just like a beautiful flower can we not be improved yet we keep trying. We have been conditioned to do so for eons. It is an impossible task. How can you better that which is already complete? Why not stop for a minute and consider this? Everything nature creates is perfect. About this everyone agrees. Yet we are also nature but no-one seems to want to notice. We are not separate from it. We are nature and we are perfect. So, what is the rush? What is the stress? What is there to be achieved? What is really needed? Nature never rushes and everything works out perfectly.

So, when you wake up tomorrow morning why not take an extra breath before you think about your troubles or worries. Look within yourself and feel the incredible energy that you are. Then try to remember:  Life is really a great cosmic laughter – that is all.

Write a comment

Comments: 7
  • #1

Shifa (Tuesday, 31 October 2017 16:58)

Your article is great and truly there are gems hidden in it, if one want they can find and grab. ❤️✨

• #2

Alain (Sunday, 02 September 2018 03:19)

You're absolutely right all the way you have fun it's important to live is to let live me I think you're very beautiful and very sexy and I like norco_222@live.fr

• #3

David (Monday, 01 October 2018 20:59)

Very well spoken and expressed. Life is a whisper and you are living it to your fullness. Thank you for sharing your experience and insight.

• #4

Sam (Tuesday, 19 March 2019 19:27)

Well I have mixed emotions, I do not know if you read the comments on you blog, but i’m Trying to make sense of what I’m experiencing. Sitting on front of a screen looking at your poses , your body your pics your art your beauty , your provocations, but in the same time your mind (in what you write ) your ideas (in what you posting) i’m Realizing Is tough thou . I have and avalanche of so many different emotions that is an believable . As you said judgments are base on on our preconception , and I’m no here to judge. I’m just very curious of you, of the person that is able to express so much .
    The only things I can say right now you have an amazing power of communications that goes far behind what is visible or what you are showing.this is very strong on you . To confirm this i looked else where but I could find none like you .I think among the best is the pictures of your face with your amazing dark eyes which I would love to stare for a wile , just there absorbing what your soul has to say with out the distance the screen or the click Of a case, hoping to catch some in edit deeper hint of your being . The rest is a deep journey into consciousness to understand the canvas where you aim with the body as a paint and where it lies that forbidden hidden smile.
    I wish to meet you.

• #5

Brian J McCarthy (Wednesday, 24 July 2019 03:34)

I love your YouTube channel and understand what you say about some people saying negative things about your images. You're right they're just images. On the topic of pictures do you ever do your exercises nude?

• #6

Brian J McCarthy (Wednesday, 24 July 2019 03:37)

Oh my emails are brianjpmccarthy1956@gmail.com brian.mccarthy90@ntlworld.com YouTube Brian McCarthy

Facebook brian.mccarthy.1610

twitter @Brianjpm

• #7

Gregory Francesco Blanch (Thursday, 25 July 2019 07:22)

Porsche is my favorite car, too. Have you noticed how
    present one becomes when traveling over 125 mph?
    "Everything is perfect, but there's always room
    for improvement."